Biyernes, Marso 8, 2013

Autumn

There's a gloominess lurking over the office right now. Project being dissolved, resignations here and there - people leaving. As one of my colleague aptly put it, the season is autumn - leaves falling off the tree, the DGP tree.

Everytime this happens, i can't help but get affected. Why shouldn't i be, i spent almost 6 years (wow, that long now?) with these people. You can't help but get used to their familiar faces. But I get affected, moreso, in a way that i get to wonder or reassess ... well... me. These people will be resilient and will head to something better. They'll be facing new environments and exciting challenges. Fresh faces, different address, probably make new friends... exciting!

But what about me? why am i still here? Over that six years i've been with the company, people have left many times already. Why am i still staying? Is it because i really don't have that much option with what i have attained so far? Or maybe because im pregnant? Or is it because i got so comfortable with this that i am afraid to go out there and try change?

I really don't know...
But what i do know is i love my job. i enjoy what i do. Corny as it may sound but it really is a constant and continuous acquisition of knowledge. And who would want that? I hear a lot of people complaining how - nakakabobo naman ang trabaho ko -, well i sure can't say that. What actually makes all the difference is the people that i work with. You don't hear me complaining about my work per se, but i can go all day ranting about my managers/colleagues. Sometimes though, they can be sweet and are bonuses to what i do. But most of the time, they really get into my nerves that i just want to strangle each and every single one of them :D That's just normal, right? I mean, obviously since not everybody thinks/acts like me (thank goodness for that!), there will be conflicts and misunderstandings. And everywhere you go, it will be like this. Other places can be better, but they can be worse too.

I can still think of a hundred reasons why i should leave, but since and probably beacuse im such in a happy place right now, the few good reasons why i should stay outweigh the opposite. The thing is, if you're not happy anymore then leave. It will be unfair to both you and the company. I know this is definitely easier said than done, but yeah - that's the way it goes. As for me, with all things considered - am happy. This may change tomorrow or the next month, but for now, i am.

For the colleagues who are leaving, i really wish you well. May the wind take you to those greener, happier pastures. Best of luck :)

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento