Martes, Marso 5, 2013

Organique vs. Nail It

Staring at my chipped, ugly nails - i can almost hear my friend Burns saying "para kang labanderang walang oras maglinis ng kuko". (Haha i miss that bitch) But i have time! And this was actually done by a professional, and that was just a week ago. Hmmm this adds up to the reason why i am probably not going back to that nail spa.

Getting a footspa and my nails done has been the only pampering I've given myself while i am pregnant. Plus this is also my 'me-time' - to destress, free my mind off things, just sit down and relax while the nail technicians do their magic.

I schedule this every month and i already have a regular spa recommended by a good friend called Organique located in Maginhawa, UP Village. I love their service! Only downside is, they're bit far from where i work. Since i usually go there when car is coding, it's a bit of a hassle to commute to and from the place. So when i saw a poster of a new nail spa which opened just across the street (big street that is EDSA :D) i thought i'd try it.

Nail It in Eton, Centris looks really posh. The interiors are very modern and relaxing. The staff are polite and well-groomed. When i entered, i was immediately greeted by the receptionist and asked what service i was going to avail. Since it was my first time, i asked for her recommendation. She offered me a package which includes footspa+pedi+mani+regular polish for P600. Stingy me thought twas a little steep since i usually pay that amount at Organique but with gel polish, but i said yes anyway since their nail polishes are of the brands i really like, OPI and Essie.

I was seated and immediately attended to by two technicians. Their method is a bit different from the usual soaking then scrubbing which really got me disappointed. My feet were more like dipped rather than soaked when she started scrubbing. Also, it didn't take long! She just scrubbed for a few good minutes and ..  done?! I was thinking and was actually tempted to say "ate, hindi pa yata yan tapos?!" but then i thought maybe she'll give me a good foot massage. But what she did next was just a quick masage, more like to apply the lotion then done, again?! darn it! The mani technician was not that good either. Again, i was expecting even a quick hand massage but nada. The polish application was also disappointing, it wasn't that clean. But in fairness, the pedi was OK. My toe nails are still clean and nail polish is still good, no chipping.

Nevertheless, ive decided i'll just stick to my usual nail spa Organique where they'll spend a relaxing 2-3 hours on me. Making sure i'll have soft feet for a month, thats exaggerating, of course but you get the idea. Plus it's actually cheaper which makes it the best deal!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento