Martes, Enero 29, 2013

Icha girl!

Earlier in the pregnancy, when asked if i had any gender preference, i always say what any decent mother would say - "kahit ano, basta kumpleto." Of course i (half) meant that, but deep inside i was hoping it would be a boy. I just think that it would be more difficult to raise a girl. The worries of having a teenage girl in the city, oh my! And the thoughts of the things i did (haha) waaaaaaay back didn't help at all! Partying, drinking, skipping school - nanay ko poooo!

When we got the confirmation that we were having a baby girl, surprisingly, all of the worries disappeared! I was excited. Suddenly, I couldn't wait to see her - and to raise her. Oh the fun of dressing her up and fixing her hair. There's still the little worry that things may not turn out to be what i hoped for, but as Gab taught me and has actually prepared me, as long as i give them my 'conditional love' everything will be alright.

We are naming her Soleil Gabrielle.

Gabrielle = Origin of word: French; Gender: Female; Meaning: God Is My Strength / Angel / Messenger; Pronounciation: Gay-bree-ell

Soleil = Origin of word: French; Gender: Female; Meaning: The Sun; Pronounciation: So-lay


We just felt it perfect for just like her Kuya Gab - we are finding God to be our strength through them. And Soleil for she will be the sunshine of our lives.

Oh Tatay and Nanay and Kuya Gab can't wait to meet you, little angel. But you dont have to hurry, take your sweet time. I love you already. ♥

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento